Kay by Katrina is a brand by Katrina Kaif in collaboration with Nykaa. It is a joint venture between Nykaa and Katrina Kaif which consists of a huge array of products like Matte Lipstick, Matte lip liner, Liquid Eye Liner, Mascara, Kajal, Brow Pencil, Matte and Metallic Eyeshadow stick and Nail lacquer. I will be reviewing two nail lacquers from the collection which originally consists of 36 shades in total of pastels, raw nudes, and vibrant hues.
- Kay Beauty Nail Nourish Nail Lacquer is a unique nail enamel that not just coats your nails in a luxurious, lustrous shine but the treatment-nourished formula also helps keep your nails happy and hydrated.
- The super hydrating Lemon peel water, rich in Calcium and Vitamin C prevents the nails from chipping and yellowing, while the miraculous Avocado oil, rich in antioxidants and Vitamin E improves the overall condition of your nails.
- The super enriching formulation dries within minutes and gives you the best gel like finish in just 2 coats!
- It comes in 36 shades of fresh pastels, raw nudes and vibrant hues, so you have different shades to express how you feel.
- Formulated In Europe
- Rich Gel Effect & Glossy Finish In 2 Coats
- Infused With Avocado Oil & Lemon Peel Water For Nail Nourishment
- Quick Air Drying
- Patented 2-Fold Plasticizer To Prevent Chipping
- 4-Free Formula
How to use:
Quantity and Price: 10 ml for Rs 225
Shelf Life: 36 months from manufacturing
Availability: Easily available on Nykaa.com and Nykaa stores
You can buy this product from
Packaging and Appearance
The Kay by Katrina Nail Lacquer comes in a rectangle-shaped clear glass bottle with a white cap which has the alphabet “k” printed all over the cap which makes it unique and travelling with it won’t be a is at is not very heavy. The brush is long thin and flat which does a decent job in applying the nail pain but I wish the brush was thicker. The shade name is mentioned on the side of the bottle and the brand name is on the bottom on the bottle. I wish the front of the bottle had the brand name printed on it. The manufacturing and expiry date are mentioned on the back of the nail paint.
My Experience with the Kay Beauty Nail Nourish Nail Enamel Polish Crimson Hue and Angellic
The nail paint comes in 36 shades of fresh pastels, raw nudes and vibrant hues, so you have a huge array of colours to choose. I picked the shade “Crimson Hue’’ and a and “Angelic’’. I really love the shade range of the pastel and nude ones. I have swatched the two shades below.
This shade is a vibrant red shade suitable for all skin tones. It is a perfect shade for parties. It is a good option if you love wearing dark shades.
This shade is a unique and gorgeous pastel lilac shade suitable for fair to medium skin tones. It is a very pretty and wearable shade for daily use. This is a perfect option if you want a beautiful yet subtle shade.
The nail paint requires two coats to get an opaque colour. Both the shades are decently pigmented but you can build up the colour. The red shade gives a nice shine to the nails and the lilac shade gives a gel-like finish. The texture of the nail paint is decent and both the shades glide easily on the nails. It provides an even and smooth application. I was expecting gel-like finish from both the colours but the red one didn’t fulfill the purpose. Each coat takes some time to dry and then you can apply the second coat which dries quickly. They claim to be chip-resistant but the red colour starts chipping after a day inspite of applying base and top coat even if you don’t do a lot of work which I don’t like about it. The lilac shade starts chipping slightly after 2 days and also the gel finish starts fading if you do work. These don’t make your nails look yellow. Also, these nail paints are easy to remove. They do not stain the nails nor make them dry. Overall, I like the pastel shade more than the vibrant red shade and would love to try out more pastel and nude shades from the collection and would highly recommend everyone to purchase atleast one pastel shade from the collection.
- Attractive packaging
- ·Glides smoothly
- ·The lilac pastel shade gives a gel-like finish
- ·Easy to remove
- Comes in 36 different shades
- Quick air drying
- Infused with Lemon peel water and Avocado oil
- 4-Free formula
- The red shade starts chipping after a day and shine fades after 2 days
MBT Rating: 4/5
Would I Recommend/Repurchase Kay Beauty Nail Nourish Nail Lacquer?
I would love to purchase more pastel shades and would highly recommended everyone to try at least one pastel shade from the collection.