Ponds has been one of the oldest cosmetic company in the market well known for its thick creams and moisturizers. They have skin care products ranging from skin cleansing to skin lightening to anti-ageing and many more. Read further to know my views about this Ponds Moisturizer for oily and acne-prone skin.
- Looking for 24 hours of moisturization for your skin? Look no further!
- The all new Pond’s Super Light Gel – your go-to moisturizer for all seasons.
- The all new Pond’s Super Light Gel – your go-to moisturizer for all seasons. Infused with the goodness of hyaluronic acid, vitamin E and glycerine, this super light moisturizer absorbs faster than regular creams and gives 24-hour hydration for a water-fresh glow!
- It helps restore the moisture balance to keep your skin soft and smooth. Its lightweight formula absorbs into the skin instantly without leaving any sticky feeling, making it ideal for all seasons, even in scorching summers. It’s super lightweight formula spreads easily on the skin making it easy to apply. Enjoy it all throughout the year!
- Super lightweight gel-type moisturizer that provides long lasting hydration.
- Infused with moisture-boosting hyaluronic acid, it improves your skin’s natural moisture holding capacity, making it soft and bouncy.
- Non-oily formula keeps oiliness and stickiness at bay, keeping your skin feeling fresh.
- Suitable for all skin types and for all seasons.
Directions for use:
Gently massage with circular movements, starting from the centre to the contours of your cleansed face. For best results use every morning and evening.
Quantity and Price: 73g g for Rs 149
147g for Rs 299
Shelf Life: 36 months from manufacturing
Availability: Easily available on Amazon, Nykaa
You can buy this product from
Packaging and Appearance
The moisturizer comes in a basic plastic light blue coloured small tub which is justified according to the price. The packaging is sleek, sturdy and travel-friendly. The only thing I don’t like about the packaging is that it takes some effort to close it. Once you open the product it has a thin silver foil which you have to peel to use the product. The moisturizer tub mentions the complete list of ingredients and also other details of the product. It is a super light-weight gel-based texture which absorbs like magic into the skin without feeling oily or greasy.
My Experience with the Ponds Super Light Gel Oil Free Moisturiser
The moisturizer provides a cooling effect on the skin with a subtle fragrance which is good for those who are sensitive to strong fragrances. It has the goodness of Hyaluronic acid and Vitamin E which help boost collagen and gives a smoother, fresher and more revitalized youthful complexion. This product is going to be a boon for all the oily skin beauties. It also delays the process of secreting oil on the face for good 5-6 hours. It is a dupe of one of the most raved Neutrogena hydro boost water gel in terms of colour and texture but the Neutrogena one is a lot more moisturizing and its texture is not greasy nor light but the Ponds one is more light. I have oily skin and the Ponds moisturizer works well. It is a good option for people with combination skin which is more towards oily but for people with combination skin which is more towards dry the Ponds one will not provide enough moisturization during winters. It is a very good moisturizer considering the price of the product. As the duping is concerned, Ponds has done a great job but the Neutrogena one has something extra to it. The Neutrogena one provides more hydration than the Ponds one which is extremely light-weight thus making it a good option for oily skin people. Ponds moisturizer is a good option during the summer season while the Neutrogena one will work great in winter. Overall, I really like this moisturizer and would highly recommend it for all skin types.
- Light-weight and Non-oily formula
- ·Suitable for all skin types
- ·Easily absorbed in the skin
- ·Makes skin soft and bouncy
- ·Gel consistency moisturizer
- Controls oil for 5-6 hours
- Pleasent fragrance
- Provides cooling effect on the skin
- Takes effort in closing the moisturizer tub
- May not provide enough hydration for dry skin during the winter season
MBT Rating: 4.3/5
Would I Recommend/Repurchase Ponds Super Light Gel Oil Free Moisturiser ?
Highly recommended to both.